Five design projects that received Architectural Lighting magazine’s Ninth Annual Light & Architecture Design Awards incorporated lighting solutions from Acuity Brands. These awards recognize lighting design excellence in residential, interior, exterior, whole building and exhibit lighting applications. Projects featuring Acuity Brands lighting solutions received recognition for outstanding and commendable achievement in the whole building and exterior lighting categories.
An independent panel of judges awarded prizes to the winning projects based on the complexity of the project program and the lighting solutions applied. This year’s panel of judges included renowned lighting professionals who are members of the Illuminating Engineering Society and the International Association of Lighting Designers.
- The United States Institute of Peace, D.C.: Outstanding Achievement, Whole Building category. Incorporated lighting solutions from Lithonia Lighting.
- The National September 11 Memorial and Museum, New York: Outstanding Achievement, Exterior Lighting category. Incorporated lighting solutions from Winona Lighting.
- The Martin Luther King National Memorial, D.C.: Commendable Achievement, Whole Building category. Incorporated lighting solutions from Winona Lighting.
- The UC Berkeley, School of Law South Addition, Berkeley, Calif.: Commendable Achievement, Whole Building category. Incorporated lighting solutions from Peerless.
- The Tenley-Friendship Library, D.C.: Commendable Achievement, Whole Building category. Incorporated lighting solutions from Hydrel.
“We would like to congratulate all 2012 Light and Architecture Design Award recipients,” said David Grimm, Acuity Brands Lighting Vice President, Marketing. “We are honored that five of the winning projects incorporated either indoor or outdoor lighting solutions from the Acuity Brands portfolio.”
For more information about the Ninth Annual Light and Architecture Design awards please visit: http://www.archlighting.com/lighting-design/ninth-annual-al-light—architecture-design-awards.aspx.