May 24, 2011
When we say we have a new paradigm in lighting, we not only mean it − we get awarded for it.
The Acuity Brands Revel™ OLED product was named the most innovative product of the year at last week’s LIGHTFAIR® International Trade Show and Conference. Judged by a panel of lighting industry professionals, the award recognizes innovation in recently launched commercial products.
The Revel OLED (organic light emitting diode) luminaire breaks away from the conventional regimen of grid-based luminaire layouts. This lets designers unleash their creativity with a lighting product that still provides superb energy efficiency.
May 24, 2011
Three Acuity Brands products were named winners of four Product Innovation Awards (PIAs) from Architectural SSL magazine during LIGHTFAIR International. The magazine is a leading publication focused on LEDs and solid-state lighting throughout the built environment.
The PIAs, which honor the best LED luminaires and components on the market and the companies behind them, were given to:
- The Lithonia Lighting® RTLED™ luminaire, which received two Platinum Level honors in the General Ambient Lighting category and in the Most Innovative Optical Controls category.
- The Winona Lighting® Winline™ Submersible 607 Cool Core fixture, which received the Specialty Lighting Gold Level honor.
- The new Tersen® Ratio™ PG product, which received the Silver Level honor in the Low Bay/Garage category.
May 24, 2011
Couldn’t make the LIGHTFAIR International show? Join the Acuity Brands LIGHTFAIR team on YouTube! We’ve uploaded highlights from our LIGHTFAIR adventure on our YouTube channel. Here are the top five videos:
1) Peter Ngai and Jeannine Fisher explain OLED lighting:
2) Megan Kessler shows us what’s new at Peerless Lighting
3) Tamar Williamson talks all about Holophane
4) Steve Lydecker explains the beauty of lighting controls
5) Grant Grable talks about daylighting and Sunoptics
May 24, 2011
Congratulations to Suzanne Branch of LuM Lighting Design Consulting in Dallas, Texas. Suzanne won the brand new smart USA 2011 smart fortwo passion coupe, courtesy of Acuity Brands! The car was given away at the LIGHTFAIR International trade show and conference last week. More than 750 people qualified for a chance to win the car by visiting all Acuity Brands booths. See a photo of happy Suzanne in her new car here!
May 15, 2011
LIGHTFAIR International is under way at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia through May 19. Here’s the main schedule:
- LIGHTFAIR Daylighting Institute: May 15 – 16
- LIGHTFAIR Institute: May 15 – 16
- Trade Show & Conference: May 17 – 19
Acuity Brands exhibits its comprehensive portfolio of LED luminaires and intelligent control systems in booth #1801; its line of integrated prismatic Daylighting Solutions in the Sunoptics booth, #3229; and details of its recently announced collaboration with Neonlite in the Megaman-US booth, #2726. Lighting industry experts from Acuity Brands are speaking on a number of topics during the convention.
Also, don’t miss the chance to win a 2011 “smart fortwo passion coupe” — courtesy of Acuity Brands — from smart USA!
May 13, 2011
Acuity Brands has acquired Healthcare Lighting, Inc., of Fairview, PA, a leading provider of specialized, high-performance lighting products for healthcare facilities. Its focus is on providing an optimal lighting experience for all those involved in healthcare: nurses, patients, doctors, guests, and healthcare facility support staff.
Some estimate that the size of the North American market for lighting and lighting controls for new healthcare facilities exceeds $1 billion annually; the renovation opportunity for existing healthcare facilities is as much as $20 billion. Applications include patient and examination rooms, surgical suites and medical procedure rooms, and lighting products for specialized medical functions.
May 12, 2011
Holophane’s popular and contemporary GlasWerks series is now available with LED technology! Four appealing models make up the line, which uses modern LED optical systems and dedicated thermal management for energy efficiency and sustainability. Among the other features and benefits:
- Directional optics for precise light control and optimized visibility
- Versatility in applications (street, park, walkway, campus and parking lot, etc.)
- Extended LED life and maximum light output
- Mechanics designed for easy maintenance
- Suitability for 40 degree C ambient environment (pending)/IP rating