October 10, 2012
Dave Ranieri, VP and GM of Lithonia Lighting Commercial Indoor Business Unit, is presenting at IALD Enlighten ’12 in Vancouver, BC, Canada on Saturday, Oct. 13 from 10:30 a.m. – noon.
Ranieri’s presentation titled “Emerging Technology: The Convergence of LEDs and Digital Controls” will explore four critical aspects of how and why to incorporate LED lighting and controls into lighting design, including:
- why LED lighting likes to be controlled
- how controls enhance LED lighting functionality
- how to improve quality and reduce operating costs
- common and advanced LED lighting and control capabilities
- how to incorporate LED lighting systems and controls into real world application
For more information about the conference, please visit iald.org.
August 30, 2012
Video series showcases the multiple benefits of integrated, intelligent lighting for indoor applications.
Acuity Brands, Inc. has produced a series of five videos exploring the practical integration of intelligent LED luminaires and digital controls for interior applications. The Smart + Simple Lighting Solutions video series provides insight on how lighting with embedded controls can be easily tailored to a specific application, while monitoring and responding to the immediate environment. This integrated approach can translate into a lighting solution that offers better lighting quality, improved energy management, and longer operational life than more conventional lighting systems.
“With the implementation of energy standards such as ASHRAE 90.1 2010, it has become essential for specifiers and end users to understand solutions for lighting that meet new mandates and effectively manage energy consumption,” said Neil Egan, Director, Communications, Acuity Brands Lighting. “These videos offer instruction on how ‘smart and simple’ solutions can help maximize lighting performance, while driving out waste and inefficiency.”
The video series is available on the Acuity Brands YouTube channel and covers the following topics:
- Why Smart + Simple: Overview ofintegratedLEDlighting and controls solutions that help users manage energy usage by optimizing lighting utilization and performance over time.
- Smart + Simple Luminaires: How LED luminaires with embedded controls can manage lighting quality, power consumption and operational life.
- Smart + Simple Controls: The role of smart controls and how they help facility operations manage energy consumption while providing an unprecedented level of design, installation and user simplicity.
- Smart + Simple Sensors: A review of sensor technologies and network system devices available to integrate with LED luminaires.
- Smart + Simple Toolset: A short demonstration of software options to program, modify and monitor lighting for improved energy savings.
For more information about Smart + Simple lighting and lighting controls solutions, visit www.acuitybrands.com/smartandsimple. Following is the introductory video to the series featuring Dave Ranieri of Acuity Brands Lighting.
February 8, 2012
Dave Ranieri, VP and GM of Lithonia Lighting Commercial Indoor Business Unit, is presenting today at Strategies in Light 2012 in Santa Clara, CA. Ranieri’s presentation titled “Bigger LED Lighting Story is Beginning to Unfold” will focus on maximizing the true potential of LED lighting when married with digital controls.
“The benefit of LED lighting is so much more than higher lumens per watt and 10-year+ life expectancies,” said Ranieri. “The true potential of LED lighting is just starting to unfold as we merge digital lighting controls with LEDs to create truly intelligent lighting. With this advancement in lighting technology, it is imperative we consider and address lighting differently.”
Ranieri’s presentation will address the needs and opportunities of intelligent digital lighting, and how digital lighting will impact the near and distant future of lighting, lighting design, energy use, sustainability and building operation.