To get the latest news from Acuity Brands, visit our new Media Center.
Acuity Brands is pleased to announce eight of its experts are featured speakers at Lightfair International 2013 in Philadelphia, April 21 – 25. Acuity Brands lighting, controls and daylighting experts will host a variety of workshops and seminars, covering topics from managing LED luminaire costs to healthcare lighting and retrofit lighting.
“We are excited to share our expertise with the industry as we continue to expand and develop new lighting, controls and daylighting technology,” said David Grimm, Acuity Brands Lighting Vice President. “Presenting at Lightfair is a way we can engage with the industry to share our knowledge and gain insight from other industry professionals.”
Featured Acuity Brands experts presenting during Lightfair International 2013 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center include:
Sunday, April 21
- Visual 2012 Training: David DiLaura, Acuity Brands Lighting Principal Illuminating Engineer, Innovation & Technology Group, with Randall King, Acuity Brands Lighting Director of the Illuminating Engineering Services and Tim Sears, Acuity Brands Lighting Lead Illuminating Engineer
Monday, April 22
- Photometry: Greg Subisak, Acuity Brands Lighting Director of Training for Center of Light & Space – Granville
Tuesday, April 23
- Tools and Resources for Choosing Wise Investments in Lighting: Damon Wood, Acuity Brands Lighting Specification Sales Manager
Wednesday, April 24
- Managing LED Luminaire Costs: Mark Hand, Acuity Brands Lighting Director of Indoor New Product Development & Technology
- The Visually-Optimized, Empowered Patient Room: Approaches to Transforming the Lighting Environment for Healthcare Facilities: Karyn Gayle, Acuity Brands Lighting Vice President, Healthcare Vertical
Thursday, April 25
- Lighting Retrofits: A Better Option Now Than Ever Before: Kurt Vogel, Value Stream Leader, Lithonia Lighting
Acuity Brands is exhibiting at Lightfair booth #801 and will showcase a variety of new products and technologies from its lighting, controls and daylighting offerings. For more information about Acuity Brands, please visit www.acuitybrands.com.
Las Vegas Convention Center Cuts Energy Consumption by 40% with High Bay Luminaires from Acuity BrandsApril 1, 2013
The Las Vegas Convention Center selected approximately 2,000 Holophane® DualBay high bay luminaires from Acuity Brands to improve lighting and reduce costs in its 3.2 million-square-foot facility. Installed in the convention center’s central exhibit halls, DualBay high bay luminaires feature Holophane ISD Superglass™ reflectors, dual lamp technology, solid-state electronic ballasts, and a state-of-the-art thermal management system to deliver better light quality, distribution and energy savings. The luminaires are ideal for a variety of industrial, retail and commercial applications.
“DualBay high bay luminaires have reduced the convention center’s energy consumption by nearly 40 percent while creating a vivid, uniformly lit environment with less glare and strain on the eyes,” said Joe Toro, electrical supervisor for the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority.
Using two, 315-watt ceramic metal halide lamps, the high-efficacy DualBay luminaire delivers a 90+ color rendering index (CRI) and up to 112 lumens per watt in the Las Vegas Convention Center. The light levels in the central exhibit halls now range from 60 to 85 footcandles, with greater intensity in areas with lower ceilings.
“Our exhibitors have commented about how well their products look on display,” said Walter Laub, senior manager of facilities engineering for the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. “The new lighting complements the exhibit space, making it more attractive and easier to promote overall.”
The fixtures are mounted up to 40 feet and positioned so light patterns overlap to help eliminate the possibilities of dark areas. An automated computer system controls the lighting and allows luminaires to be turned on or off individually.
Based on the current success, the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority plans to add an estimated 1,400 fixtures in two additional halls. For more information about Holophane DualBay high bay luminaires, please visit www.holophane.com or www.acuitybrands.com.